I asked you what I was to you
You said someone beautiful and dear
I asked you what I was to you
And maybe I wasn’t very clear
This is something new for me
I don’t share my heart with men
This is something new for me
To want you more than I’ve been fed
And I don’t know that that is what I need right now
But it is the hopelessness I feel
Like once again I find myself here
Alone and tired in a world very real
I asked you what I was to you
And you said an inspiring spirit, your muse
I asked you what I was to you
And your answer turned this poem into the blues
This is something new to me
To be uplifted by a man
This is something new to me
And I didn’t say it as clear as I can
It is crystal what it is right now
Just a means to an end
And I sit one more time in limbo
Holding my heart out to mend
----
I wrote this in May 2005 about Jason, but it reminds me of today.
No comments:
Post a Comment