Saturday, July 09, 2005

bored and not much else

I am struggling with profound thoughts... or rather I am struggling to even have them. So today, I will not use such cliches and fancy wording that I usually try to use.

This myspace shit is getting out of control. Anyone and everyone is on it...well except the one I really want to find. I told myself I would not check it for a week. A week is a good time to kind of forget you even have an account. Except that I think about who could possibly be "finding" me, ALL THE TIME. And that is where my strife begins. RECYCLE.

My mother has been obsessed with the internet since before there were any pretty pictures to entice you with. Back when html was the only way to design a webpage. And as it has developed and grown, it has almost sucked her dry of any socialness(?) she once had. Now, I am not going to begin bashing the internet... I would be a hypocrite. But I ask, when is all this too much and too easy? And all these "look at mypicture and become myfriend" type websites, are becoming synonymous with actually making friends at the personal level.

What happened to the days of olde?

----------

Sorry that came out of nowhere, I'm not even sure where I planned to go with all that... a fragment of a thought.

So enough of that deep thought...

Yesterday I putzed around in the city, bought some cds, a shirt, consumed. The day before, I went on a job interview, a bike ride. Slowly working towards some semblance of existance, atleast enough to call my own.

enjoy today!

No comments: