Eager for truth
Yearning for love
Happy in the moment
Complacent about the future
I hope good things come forth
for you
for me
for all
I am a cornball
stringing sentences together like spiders spin webs
maybe a little less complex
I am an egress
I am a wolf
I am an owl
I am a deer
Now you see my tears
my exuberance
my inbetween yellow dream.
I am home
I am away
I am in the bustle created right outside my door
I more.
I am a lady
I am a baby
I am a grown woman
I am an enthusiastic human.
I like the stars
I love/hate my car
I am open for the sun's shine
I wait in line.
Wanting peace
Wrapping my mind around astronomical thought
bebop
hiphop
Roots gyal
beats fell
at my sunburnt feet
and I listened
and I paid attention to signs
rhymes
and rythyms
till my legs walked on their own
right into a rocksteady reggae system
a family mission
on the road to organized religion
it sounds good though
as if the smoke had cleared
and it was too near
to me, my body, my issues
Then the lights came up
Introducing, theatrics
funny antics
clown fantastics
and it was community
unity
eccentricity
travelling city to city
biddy diddy
oompahpah
tra la la
la la dee dum dum
I am happier than a sum
more equal than a mum
divided by my thumbs
and heart strums.
I am young!
No comments:
Post a Comment