Monday, February 12, 2007

Have You Been?

I have been swimming through the avenues of colorful cities,
Keeping my eyes on what's concealed by the ebonys and navys.

I have been dreaming of far off places accessable only by pink heart shaped balloons,
Where the answers to all my truths have yet to be explained.

I have been seeking impenetrable souls who radiate an openess likened to celophane papers,
Once seen, begin to melt into a jimbojambo little boy sambo swirl.

I have been waking up on the cliffside, hand outstretched,
Lifting my own heart to the top of the hill where yours waits indefinitely.

I have been flying between the pillars of hope called evergreens,
Zipping past the watering holes of patience that are dry no more.

I have been digging tunnels to china with little more than a teaspoom,
And I cannot dream of stopping even when the bicycles and rice paddies are reached.

I have been hopscotching over chalk lines for more freetime fun,
Pleasing oceans of ages of dreamers of love

I have been gliding across ballrooms
Taking time to learn intricate footwork that walks you across life

I have been allowed chances to feel the light between my toes sparkle
And the devoir to share that shine outward

No comments: