Monday, February 06, 2006

I am feeling rejuvenated. And not just today, but during the past few weeks. I have begun to accept each day as truly new. Where it has the ability/the probability of being different from yesterday. And that perspective of life is a precious attribute.
Because it is usually fleeting.

----
Toward the sunlight, and away from the woods, I said.
It will do you no good, to mingle amongst the shadows.
It will only help to aggregate strife and sorrow.

But I enjoy the layers of darkness, she responds.
And the thin rays of silvery light.
I have seen great things happen in the woods.

Well if you must, you must. But beware
The twirling vines that creep up on a soul,
will likely drag you deeper.
----

But I feel good, and I now I just need to get on my bike again. And all will be better. Fresh air, strength, and a clear head. All positively fabulous feelings, instead of the desire to get high or drunk.
Saturday I took my meditation hike with a prominent desire to be alone and regroup. Although there were cars in the parking lot, I was very much alone on my accent. The path was slippery and muddy. But there was not another soul to encounter. This hike was a slow one, because of the conditions of the trail, but I also stopped periodically and pondered thoughts on myself/my condition/greater creations/and the fresh, clear views. I found my rock and climbed atop it. And I sat and breathed. As if a beautiful dance of nature was performed, in the live theatre of the world, I watched three birds soar over the gorge, gliding up and down the streams of wind. And thought to myself, that animal is 'flying'... phenomenal. Anyhow, this had all been experienced in silence, and I finally mustered up the energy to speak and said "And silence is golden". And not more than seconds later I hear voices. They were coming from behind me. I thought the irony was beautiful. Perfect timing to get up and begin my descent. I was extra cautious on the way down, for fear of a sprained ankle or worse. And I swear, I passed at least 8 groups of hikers. Groups, not just individuals. And all were walking uphill. As if I had chosen the right time to begin my meditation hike (early morning- 11 am or so). And if I had hesitated or gone to my first planned destination, or even the second, there could not have been a better time or place to find clarity. So I thanked nature for being. And I am thankful for being. And I hope to just be. New things are unfolding day by day, and let's be honest, we all love the small surprises too!

No comments: